Recorded 13 April 2018
I am dealing with my problem of having too many podcasts. – Lax
I am routinely down to 30 podcast episode backlogs or less. – Gio
LAX Top 10
10) This American Life #642: The Impossible Dream
9) Eureka Podcast #257: Google is Watching You (And Listening to This)
8) No Agenda #1022: LIbJoe
7) Skip to the End #93: Ready Player One
6) Do By Friday: You Aren’t in Trouble
5) Omnibus: Vending Machines
4) The Dana Gould Hour: Critters
3) The Incomparable Game Show #84: The Three-Pack
2) Roadwork #104: Nick Nolte in a Pile of Wool, #105: I Should have Had a Pipe
1) Eureka Podcast #258: What the Hell’s a Disco Nap
Drop: A bunch: Invisibillia, Criminal, Planet Money, PM Indicator, Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me, Ask Me Another and maybe a couple I don’t remember.
Updates: T.J. Miller, ruiner of podcasts finally arrested by the authorities
Shows that pissed me off/weren’t good
The Dana Gould Hour: Critters
Up for contention but not making the list this week
Reconcilable Differences #75: The Most Popular Meat Grinder in Town
The Villain Edit
The Jim Jeffries Show Podcast
Omnibus: Call Signs & Hachiko
Hello Internet Episode One Hundred
Road Work #103: Tiny Little Fascist
Roderick on the Line #283: I Never Follow the Voice, #284: You’re Grass Now
No Agenda #1020: Undercount of Colour, #1021: Sun Burps, #1023: Wamr-Hand-Off
GIO Top 10
1. ACS #2296 and 2297 and DDP #322 Ryan Holiday
2. Doughboys Alison Rosen
3. ADS #803 and #804
4. TFV top 5 race against the clock scenes
5. Junk food Cinema we need to talk about superheroes/CUpodcast #122
6. YMIW Jason Sudiekis/TVGC #287 and #288
7. The 40 Year Old Boy Episode Thirty Seven, Year Ten
8. JRE # #1097 legion of skanks
9. Get up on this Alison Rosen/ your mom’s house #442 Alison Rosen
10. No Agenda #1020/ We Heart Hartnett ‘The Virgin Suicides’
Also Runners: No Agenda #1024, phone booth fighting 186 and 187, my favorite murder #115 I’ll be gone in the dark, WTF #901 they might be Giants, 905 bill Simmons, we heart hartnett ‘Here on Earth’
Adds: get up on this, legion of skanks
On Next Week’s Gio and Lax Watch a stupid basic cable series based on a now problematic movie from a now problematic auteur.
Don’t forget that we are a listener supported show.
You can reach us @podgodz, firstname.lastname@example.org and on Facebook – that is podgodz with a Zed. You can also help fund this show, or Gio in general, at PATREON.com/Giovanni and hit up those Amazon Affiliate links.
Time to put the Crown Royal sack back on the microphone.
Music Provided by Rucka Rucka Ali, Check out his work at RukasWorld and possibly commission him for your next project.