CLL #814 (feat. Jerry Springer and Wendy Raquel Robinson) – 11/11/1998 – Wednesday Night Show
Source – Kevin Tape (2016) with Tobydog Tape (2012) Patches
This is a new Lost Tape for a previously incomplete show, now almost complete with the missing 17 minutes restored to the running time, the show starts in progess with about 60sec of missing content. Jerry Springer and Wendy Raquel Robinson are both making their only known appearances during the Adam Carolla era.
From Wiki: Ringmaster There are three ongoing plots in the film. The primary one surrounds a white trash, trailer park family in which the daughter is sleeping with her mother’s husband, prompting the mother to constantly try to outdo her promiscuous daughter’s behavior out of spite, including sleeping with her daughter’s boyfriend. The secondary plot revolves around an urban black woman whose boyfriend is sleeping with her two best friends, but the three are united against the boyfriend when he begins sleeping with the daughter of the above-mentioned family. The third plot revolves around Jerry and the show itself, detailing the difficulty Jerry faces in trying to come to terms with his rather dubious claim to fame, and the staff’s utter amazement at the bizarre stories they must deal with.
A minor sub-plot involves a producer on the show who mistakenly picks up one of the guests, a self-proclaimed “man-by-day-woman-by-night.”
From Wiki: Wendy Raquel Robinson (born July 25, 1967) is an American actress. Robinson is best known for her roles as high school principal Regina “Piggy” Grier on The WB comedy sitcom The Steve Harvey Show (1996–2002), and as sports agent Tasha Mack on The CW/BET sitcom The Game (2006–15).
UnclePenny’s LoveLineTapes Notes from 2012:
– Wendy Raquel Robinson is also in the studio
– Adam wants Jerry to implant Norplant to every guest on his show, even males.
– Drew talks about taking his kids to the Rugrats movie sneak preview
– Conan won’t fly Adam and Drew out to NY even though they want them on the show next week
– Caller Max says “Screw you Drew,” not the drop though
– Adam yells at Drew for his squeaky chair
– Drew tries to make a movie or TV reference and completely butchers it.
– The chairs on-set of the Jerry Springer show should probably be bolted down…
– Last night all the breaks were taken exactly on the second they’re supposed to be done (Adam was out)
– Jerry says the chairs are safe because there are cops on-set.
– Caller has been listening since the Poorman-era and says Adam is way better in her opinion
– Adam’s bizarre dream last night, driving home from the “Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place,” taping at 2am and passed by several Psycho billboards. She dreamt Anne Heche trying to stab him several times even though he got to have sex with her. Jerry wants to get Adam and Ann on his show ASAP.
– Jerry and Wendy leave after the first hour and will tape the MTV Loveline show on Friday
– Some “Blur” bashing, says the name was based on how easy it is to say after waking up from a drunken stupor
– Drew says that the most popular program in prisons is COPS.
– Tap water PSA clip (Adam PSA rant ensues)
– Talk about Adam’s “Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place” Adam comes up with a great line, way better than the written line, ties into what they’re trying to get across, but they can’t do it because it used the word “Jesus.” Adam goes off on them referencing the scientology letter incident from 1997. This rant is a good 7+ minutes long, gold.
Amazon Podcasting Essentials – All The Gear I Use
Music Provided by Rich Banks